Terms and Conditions
1. ORGANISER AND ELIGIBILITY
The Guardian Healthy Beauty Awards (“HBA Contest”) 2020 is organised by Guardian Health And Beauty Sdn. Bhd. (the “Organiser”)
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The HBA Contest begins on 2 September 2020 at “00:00:01” and ends on 30 September 2020 at “23:59:59” [“Contest Period”]. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Contest Period at any time without prior notice. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be disqualified. Only completed entries will be entertained
3. CONTEST MECHANICS
The Participant may participate the HBA Contest with no purchase requirement. Participants MUST vote only one  of their favourite brand in all categories. Votes would only be counted for entries with complete voting submission
4. HOW TO WIN
Participants may submit as many entries as they wish within the Contest Period. For every submission, participants entitle to receive RM 10 Guardian E-voucher (only valid for Guardian Online Store). Winners will be randomly select via system.
Grand Prize ( x 1)
a. Osim uDivine V Massage Chair (worth RM 15,000) + RM 250 Guardian Cash Vouchers
Tier 1 Prize ( x 6 )
b. OSIM uStiletto 360° Leg Massager (worth RM 1,800) + RM 100.00 Guardian Cash Voucher
c. Kuvings Reliable Ryan Whole Slow Juicer B1700 Juice Extractor (worth RM 1,600) + RM 100.00 Guardian Cash Voucher
d. Panasonic 15L Cubie Steam Convection Oven PSN-NUSC100 (worth RM 1,300) + RM 100.00 Guardian Cash Voucher
e. SONY WF-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones (worth RM 1,000) + RM 100.00 Guardian Cash Voucher
f. Apple Watch Nike Space Grey Sport Band (worth RM 1,500) + RM 100.00 Guardian Cash Voucher
g. Dyson Pure Cool™ air purifier tower fan TP00 (White/Silver) (worth RM 1,700) + RM 100.00 Guardian Cash Voucher
Tier 2 Prizes ( x 29 )
h. 5 x OSIM uVision 3 Eye Massager (worth RM 400) + RM 50.00 Guardian Cash Vouchers
i. 4 x Panasonic Dual Voltage Travel nanoe™ Hair Dryer PSN-EHNA55 (worth RM 450) + RM 50.00 Guardian Cash Vouchers
j. 10 x HUAWEI Band 3 – Black (worth RM 250) + RM 50.00 Guardian Cash Vouchers
k. 10 x Philips StyleCare Multi-Styler PLP-BHH822 (worth RM 250) + RM 50.00 Guardian Cash Vouchers
Consolation (x150) : RM 100.00 Guardian Vouchers
RM 10 Guardian E – Voucher term & conditions:
Terms & Conditions
- Please log in at https://guardian.com.my with a registered and valid email address
- Upon check out for payment, kindly key in the E-voucher code at the discount code column and apply promo code: HBA10
- Value of E-voucher is RM10 with minimum purchase of RM100
- Only ONE (1) E-voucher per transaction is allowed
- E-voucher is valid for ONE (1) time redemption
- E-Voucher is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash
- E-voucher is valid from 02/09/2020 till 30/09/2020
- Guardian reserves the right to terminate, amend or add to any of these Terms and Condition without prior notice
6 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Participants grant to Guardian Malaysia the right to use any photos and/or other material received during the Contest or thereafter (including the Participants’ name, email addresses, contact numbers, photos, etc.) for advertising, marketing and communication purposes without compensation to the Participant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity.
- All entries must be original and not infringe any intellectual property rights owned by any party. Participants may not raise, circulate, reproduce or otherwise furnish, any materials containing intellectual property rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, or other proprietary information held by the other party without the prior written permission of the owner of intellectual property rights or proprietary information. If you believe your work has been tampered with and displayed in violation of intellectual property rights, please contact Guardian Malaysia.
- By submitting your participation to this Contest, all participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in all entries will belong to the Guardian Malaysia. Guardian Malaysia reserves the exclusive right to use, edit, modify and publish the entries submitted by all participants, publishing the names of the participants, in such manner as it thinks fit for any advertising, trade, promotion purposes and for any other reason however, without prior notice to participants and participants shall not claim ownership or any payment or compensation in relation to any of this information or their entry.
By participating in the Contest, the Participants:
- Agree to the use of their name, photograph, caricature, voice, biographical material and/or likeness, without compensation by the organizer and/or any party authorized by the organizer in connection with the Contest.
- Grants the Organizer and any party authorized by the Organizer and irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and licence to use any material submitted as a part of their entry into the Contest, the photos, and any footage or materials that features or otherwise includes the Winners (collectively known as “the Works”) in any manner, for any purpose the organizers may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world.
- Undertake not to object to any use of the Works by the Organizer or any party authorized by the Organizer
- Without in anyway limiting the scope of the Terms, hereby release the Organizer or any party authorized by the Organizer from any and all claims and causes of action for libel, slander, invasion of rights or privacy or publicity, or for any other claim or cause of action based upon, relating to, or in connection with the use made by the Organizer or any party authorized by the Organizer of any of the rights granted above.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on Guardian Malaysia's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Guardian Malaysia and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Guardian Malaysia and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
The Participant agrees that they are solely responsible for the content submitted. To the extent permitted by law, Guardian Malaysia shall not be liable in any way for such content. Guardian Malaysia reserves the right to release any content without notice of any reason whatsoever. The Participant warrants and agrees that:
- they will not produce any content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that Guardian Malaysia may consider whether it violates any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, contemptuous, obscene, or sexually abusive appropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, unpleasant in relation to race, religion, origination or gender, unsuitable for children under the age of 18, or otherwise inappropriate for publication;
- they will obtain prior permission from any individual or property appearing in their content;
- they will obtain full consent in advance of any individual who has created or have any rights in the content, for the use and the terms herein together;
- The content shall not contain a virus or cause injury or harm to any individual or entity; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, individuals who control copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and access or use of computers or other individual communication systems
- Guardian Malaysia reserves the right to reject any entries that are incorrect, incomplete, suspicious or invalid. The Participant agrees not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Contest and/or prevent others from entering the Contest.
Guardian Malaysia and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:-
- disruption, network congestion, malicious virus attacks, unauthorized data hacking, data corruption and server hardware failure or otherwise; any technical errors, whether due to inaccessibility of internet network
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet, server or computer malfunctions, failures, interruptions, miscommunications or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electrical, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online;
- late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible communication including but not limited to e-mails;
- failed, incomplete, lost, garbled, jumbled, interrupted, unavailable or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Guardian Malaysia that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the gift, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prizes are provided by Guardian Malaysia. The Participant and/or Winner hereby acknowledge and agree that Guardian Malaysia excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded Prizes and/or the Contest. The Participant shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the Prizes. Guardian Malaysia shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury (including death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the Participant as a result of the participation in the Contest and/or the use of the Prizes; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold Guardian Malaysia and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from any gift-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Guardian Malaysia and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies make no warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use or enjoyment of the Prize, including, without limitation, their quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- By participating in the Contest, winners agree to grant Guardian Malaysia and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies the use of data collected through the Contest website, likeness, biographical data and statements for purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, trade, or promotion, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, unless prohibited by law. If the winners cannot be contacted and/or the registration is ineligible and/or fails to claim a Prize and/or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Refusal or return of the winners’ notification as undelivered will also result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Appeals to check the status of entries will not be entertained.
- Guardian Malaysia reserves the right to end the Contest earlier or extend the Contest Period at its own discretion.
- All costs, fees and/or expenses incurred or to be incurred by the Winners in relation to the Contest and/or to claim the Prize(s), which shall include but not limited to the costs for transportation, postage/courier, personal costs and/or any other costs, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Guardian Malaysia will not be responsible for any loss or damages during prize delivery.
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to change the prizes as it sees fit, and deal with any unclaimed prizes in any manner. Any change will be final and binding upon every Participant in the Contest.
- The Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash, credit or kind, either in part or in full except at, the sole and absolute discretion of the organizer and is subject to the terms and conditions accompanying the Prize. The Prize cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for a partially used Prize. The Organizer may at its sole and absolute discretion withdraw and/or substitute any Prize with any other item of similar value without notice and without furnishing any reason. Unless otherwise stated, the Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to the Prize.
- The Winners of the Contest are not allowed to represent and/or endorse any other brands, companies or entities that are directly or indirectly in competition with the Guardian brand, or be detrimental to the brand, for as long as the entire contract term.
- Judges’ decisions are final and any complains will not be entertained.
- By participating in the Contest, the Participant hereby agrees that he/she shall not, directly or indirectly, give, promise or offer and undertake not to give, promise or offer money, donations, gifts or other benefits whatsoever in order to influence with corrupt intent the Organizer or any private person or business, or any employee or public international authority, or anyone acting on the Organizer’s behalf, in the exercise of authority or in connection with obtaining any improper benefit or advantage with respect to this Contest or any matter covered by these Terms or otherwise take any action (or fail to take action when required) that would violate any applicable laws, including but not limited to any applicable local laws and/or regulations.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- Guardian Malaysia reserves the right to omit, add or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without any prior notice. Any new or amended Terms and Conditions will supersede the existing Terms and Conditions with immediate effect.
- The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any terms hereunder shall not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest.
PRIVACY NOTICE PURSUANT TO PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
- Guardian Malaysia has taken the relevant cautionary and security measures to ensure the safekeeping all of the Participants’ personal data, and requires all third party data processors to comply with the same measures. Please note, however, that Guardian Malaysia can present the Participants’ personal data should it be required to do so by the law, or by a search warrant, subpoena, or court order In compliance with the laws of Malaysia, the Participants hereby consent and authorize Guardian Malaysia to collect, process, to safe keep the required details and to disclose the Participant(s) personal details to the related parties involve in organizing this Contest. Any withdrawal of the Participant(s)’ consent given shall be made in writing and received by Guardian Malaysia before the expiry of the Contest Period and in such event, the Participant(s) shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the Contest.
Under the laws of Malaysia, the rights of Participants include:
- the right to withdraw consent for the use of their personal details at any time by contacting Guardian Malaysia and providing Guardian Malaysia with the name and e-mail address of the Participant so Guardian Malaysia can issue it.
- the right to obtain a copy of the personal data held by Guardian Malaysia of the Participant [Guardian Malaysia reserves the right to charge a small fee to exercise this right].
- the right to correct inaccurate personal data held by Guardian Malaysia.
- Participant has the right to obtain access, request correction or withdraw consent to disclose any personal information held by the Organiser. Such request can be made via Facebook message at Guardian’s official Facebook page, www.facebook.com/guardianmalaysia or by post to the following address;
Guardian Health And Beauty Sdn. Bhd.
Mezzanine Floor, Giant Hypermarket Shah Alam Stadium,
Lot 2, Persiaran Sukan,
Seksyen 13, 40100,
Shah Alam Selangor.